WHY ARE MY TEN COMMANDMENTS
SO MUCH BETTER
1. Do not have sex with others without their consent. It is rape.
2. Never have sex with children, it is always rape.
3. Be honest.
4. Thou shalt wash your hands every day to prevent getting many illnesses.
5. Do not own other humans, slavery is immoral.
6. Never cause unnecessary harm to anyone.
7. Clean up after yourself.
8. Be careful with the earth’s resources, they are limited and there is no alternative living space.
9. Question authority – even these commandments.
10. Treat others the way you would want to be treated.*
Instead of my list, God piles repeats basically the same message into the first 4 commandments – a waste of an opportunity. His other commandments only apply to property owners; as in, a wife is just property (incidentally, a husband isn’t).
Nowhere does God forbid rape, genocide or slavery – all are recommended.
God later forbids shellfish – yet shellfish is very healthy.
*Christianity destroys the message of reciprocity
by forcing believers to see any challenge about God as a personal assault on themselves. These are two obvious examples:
“If anyone comes to you and does not bring this teaching, do not receive him into your house or give him any greeting” (2 John 1:10)
“Let him who has done this be removed from among you.” (1 Corinthians 1:13)
Since my commandments are better than God’s:
1. Why was God not able to do better than he did?
2. Why do we think God is worthy of judging others when he is such a bad judge of himself?
God’s commandments are not impressive.
Here’s a link to them: